BBQ Basics Course
A step-by-step program to help you master the fundamental skills of Charcoal BBQ
When I think back to when I first started to take an interest in BBQ, it was an alien world to me. I was in awe of so many talented cooks who were producing world class food in their backyards! Hoping to one day achieve the same results, I started researching and learning all about the wonderful world of BBQ.
There was a lot to learn and so many techniques and skills to master. I would read websites and watch videos - often learning about techniques that were outside my skill level at the time. I would attempt adventurous, technical cooks that would sometimes work and sometimes not. I would get so stressed out during the most simple of cooks as I always felt like I was fire fighting (no pun intended) and the smallest of problems could send me in to a spin and I wouldn't know how to recover the cook.
In truth... it was terrible!
Luckily, I went back to basics and started from the beginning. I listened to advice from members of the UK BBQ Community and focused on learning the simple techniques of fire control and heat zones. With practice, Cooking on my BBQ became relaxing and enjoyable rather than stressful.
And so... with this stressed out beginner in mind - I wanted to create a course that would stop other beginners from making the same mistakes. To teach them the fundamental techniques and core skills that will eventually allow them to cook all kinds of amazing food on their BBQ without worrying about the process.
It's taken me years to become confident cooking over Charcoal... luckily, it doesn't have to take you as long
The amazing thing about BBQ is that there is always something new to learn but the key is to gain the confidence to allow yourself to try new things and experiment.
Not sure if BBQ Basics is for you? Do any of the following sound familiar?
- I'm just getting started and I don't understand the different terms and techniques
- I've heard that you can cook anything on a BBQ but I'm not sure how to setup a BBQ to do it
- I've been struggling with setting my BBQ to the right temperature and maintaining in over an entire cook
- I've been grilling simple food like sausages, burgers and steak for years but I want to learn how to roast larger cuts of meat
- I've always used gas BBQ's and would love to move over to charcoal but I'm worried it isn't as convenient
- I'm keen to learn more about BBQ but I'm overwhelmed with all the information out there
If you've answered yes to any of the above statements then BBQ Basics is for you! We start from scratch so you don't need any prior knowledge. Even if you've never seen a charcoal BBQ before... I will guide you through everything you need to know.
Designed to help you build your confidence and skills
The core concepts of BBQ Basics will be delivered in video lessons with articles and downloads to supplement the lessons. Here are some of the key features of the course:
The resources above have been specifically chosen to explain the various skills and techniques in the fastest and most practical way possible. By the end of the course, you will have a good understanding of how your BBQ works and how to stay in control of it to create the food you want to cook.
Here are some of the topics we will cover in the lessons:
- Knowledge is Power - Understanding how your Charcoal BBQ works
- Write it down - 3 steps to keeping better BBQ notes
- No one fuel to rule them all - Choosing the right fuel for each cook
- All natural - the easiest (chemical free) way to light your charcoal
- Take aim! The easiest way to achieve your target temperature
- The secret to cooking anything on your BBQ - Different heat zones
- You got this! Staying in complete control of your cook
- Never overcook your food again! Knowing when your food is safe to eat
- A Touch of Smoke - the easy way to add a smokey flavour to your food
- A world of flavours - Rubs, sauces and marinades
BBQ Basics isn't currently open for new members
If you would like to be notified when BBQ Basics is open for enrolment again, you can click the link below to join my mailing list and I will contact you